Wednesday, February 3, 2010




I give you these words:

"The choice you make, between hating and forgiving, can become the story of your life."

I find this kind of thing so very important. Treasuring the little things.... I find things handmade or specifically thought of for me to have to be my most significant pieces I own.I often tape cards or found objects in my journal to remember feelings or places, or even just for a laugh-- but when I am really down its those things that make me feel the most at home-- the most loved.
 
"There was a ledge on the window sill and I began to place my keepsakes, trinkets, and lucky charms there. My bags were filled with things friends had given me... drawings, poems, shells, feathers. Every object was significant."

Another big one -- if I tell you I will have a drink for you I will, when I am quiet or smiling I am often living briefly in a memory. I feel a life like this can be the most enriching:

"My whole life was held in memories,talismans and pledges of love."

I often say and think never regret something that once made you smile..... but often I regret when I didnt express a feeling or act on a impulse those live in the dark mirror. This categorizes life so simply its nice to believe it is that simple:

"The past reflects eternally between two mirrors-- the bright mirror of words and deeds, and the dark one, full of things we didn't do or say."

and finally I will leave you with this:

"Sometimes you break your heart in the right way, if you know what I mean. You learn something or you feel something completely new, when you break your heart that way. Something that only you can feel in that way."
"Love survives in us precisely because it isn't wise.
"Love is the opposite of power. That's why we fear it so much."

I worry too much time left alone with my thoughts may create a revolution in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment