Monday, January 11, 2010

Strawberry Swing








Strawberry Swing my all time favorite song. I have done typography projects with the lyrics last year and continue despite it being my number one top played song to tire of its greatness. This is a bit of how I feel when I listen to it free falling with a rush of emotions from the past, present, and future. It makes me nostalgic of the past with excitement and hope for the future. I like to imagine myself like the little girl; eyes closed wishing really hard for something and refusing to open my eyes until my wish comes true. Or I imagine myself swinging on the swing ride my feet flying around as I kick them freely and hoping my shoes don't fall off. Or I could just lay in the meadows and stare at the dew on grass and flowers and throw my hands up in the air and feel the crisp breeze cause at least I know I am alive and thats all I can know and do right now.

Here are the lyrics for your pondering joy:

They were sitting
They were sitting on the Strawberry Swing
Every moment was so precious

They were sitting
They were talking under Strawberry Swing
Everybody was for fighting
Wouldn't wanna waste a thing

Cold, cold water bring me 'round
Now my feet won't touch the ground
Cold, cold water what ya say?
When it's such…
It's such a perfect day
It's such a perfect day

I remember
We were walking up to Strawberry Swing
I can't wait until the morning
Wouldn't wanna change a thing

People moving all the time
Inside a perfectly straight line
Don't you wanna just curve away?
When it's such…
It's such a perfect day
It's such a perfect day

Ahhh...

Now the sky could be blue
I don't mind
Without you it's a waste of time

Could be blue
I don’t mind
Without you it’s a waste of time


Could be blue,
Could be gray
Without you I’m just miles away

Could be blue
I don’t mind
Without you it’s a waste of time 

No comments:

Post a Comment